Photo: Getty Images/Sutthipong Kongtrakool
How can you tell if someone really has money? We all know the people who are making it on social media are totally for real right?? Not so much. So how can you tell if someone really has cash to spend?
- "They will never complain about the cost of something, but will nitpick the quality of work to death."
- "They don't know the cost of basic goods — like having no clue what a gallon of milk should cost. $1? $5? $10?"
- "They spend money if it saves them time. Time is more valuable than money."
- "Perfect skin and good teeth. Rich people can afford to go to doctors and medical professionals for their appearance."
- "Not thinking twice, when making plans, about whether you can afford it."
- "Not noticing you haven’t been paid in two months…If I miss a paycheck, I’d notice on payday."
- "If they refer to their vacation plans as 'summering' somewhere. They use seasons as verbs."
- "They lack stress, eat out a lot, are never phased by surprises like, 'Oh, my tire is punctured,' 'My oven's broken,' and 'I need a new boiler.' They can just get them."
- "An expensive watch that isn’t a Rolex. Rolexes are how rich people, or not even rich but 'had-a-good-year' show off wealth to poor people. A truly wealthy person will have a Patek or AP Royal Oak or a Mueller, and not necessarily even a flashy one."
- "When they online shop, they click, 'SORT: PRICE: High to Low.'"