Photo: Getty Images
If you've seen the news or been on social media in the past few weeks, you know thta flying right now seems like a nightmare. But is it possible to make it any easier at the moment? Some experts shared with "Huffington Post" on how you can make your flying expierence not only enjoyable, but easier right now.
- Arrive at the airport extra early. At least three hours beforehand.
- Download the airline’s app. And turn notifications on.
- Book a morning flight if you can. They’re the least likely to avoid delays and cancellations.
- Do nonstop flights when possible. The more connections, the more chances you have for cancellations and delays.
- Come to the airport prepared in case of delays. Bring your chargers, pack some snacks, and have something to entertain you.
- Pack your carry-on strategically. Have the vitals (underwear included) in your carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.
- Prepare your checked bag for potential issues. See if you have the option to check your bags the night before Or stick an Apple AirTag in it so you can track it.
- Choose your seat wisely. Window seats let you rest.
- Take advantage of credit card benefits. Like travel and fraud protections, especially if the card offers “Flight Interruption” coverage.
- Test your negotiation skills. Read the airline policies so you know what your rights are.
- Assess travel insurance options. Especially one that covers trip cancellation and interruption.
- Wait a bit if you don’t need to fly. Experts are hoping that flying will get better.
You know most planes also offere iHeartRadio as an option to listen now. So sit back, relax and lets get this travel thing over and on to the fun!!