Last week, we covered movies that stand the test of time, when Cassie admitted she had seen NONE of them. “Dirty Dancing?” Nope. “Footloose?” Negative. “Beaches?” Nuh uh. Drive the dagger into Kristin’s heart, why don’t you?
Millennials, we are guilty of missing out on some of the BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME. So, Kristin’s put together a list of the movies you NEED to watch. Your pop culture – hell, your HISTORICAL – education isn’t complete with out it.
1. Dazed & Confused (1993)
Last day of school summer of ’76
2. Higher Learning (1995) People from all different walks of life, encounter racial tension, rape, responsibility, and the meaning of an education on a university campus.
3. Empire Records (1995) American coming-of-age film that follows a group of record store employees over the course of one exceptional day. The employees of this independent music store try to fight off becoming a large chain, all while learning about each other.
4. Thelma & Louise (1991) receiving six Academy Award nominations and winning one for Best Original Screenplay
5. Reality Bites (1994) The plot follows Lelaina (Ryder), an aspiring videographer working on a documentary called Reality Bites about the disenfranchised lives of her friends and roommates. Their challenges exemplify some of the career and lifestyle choices faced by Generation X.
6. The Man in the Moon (1991) 14 year old girls first love, sibling rivalry, heartbreak
7. Office Space (1991) Satirizing work life in a typical 1990s software company, it focuses on a handful of individuals fed up with their jobs
8. Clueless (1995)